The Associate, Office Administration will oversee day-to-day operations and administrative systems. As the Associate, Office Administration, you will work closely with the CFAO to implement new office systems and ensure optimum operations of current systems. You are the first person to welcome guests into the StoryCorps headquarters and will help connect visitors with the correct staff person.
StoryCorps records, shares, and preserves stories from a diverse range of American voices — from our Griot Initiative to preserve stories of African Americans, to our Historias Initiative to collect the experiences of Latinos. We also seek to recruit and develop a staff whose diversity matches the diversity of the communities we serve, and we strongly encourage applications from people of color and the LGBTQ community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as the first point of contact for visitors to the StoryCorps offices
- Answer incoming phone calls from StoryCorps’ main phone line
- Maintain and organize common areas of office (reception area, conference rooms, etc.) to ensure a neat, professional appearance
- Order. inventory, and stock general office supplies
- Serve as the primary contact for questions from staff re: office systems, and support staff in utilizing office services
- With IT, troubleshoot office equipment and oversee related onsite vendors, technicians, and repairs
- Manage relationships and office accounts with vendors
- Serve as a liaison to building management on issues of facilities, repairs, emergency evacuation, etc.
- Manage mailing/postage system and distribute mail to StoryCorps staff
- Manage internal office procedures such as booking conference rooms, issuing and tracking keys for staff, seating assignment, updating staff contact lists, etc.
- Manage off-site storage locations
- Train staff on office systems and procedures
- Perform other duties to support office administration, as assigned
- You have a high school diploma or equivalency plus 3 years of professional experience, or a college degree plus 1 year of professional work experience.
- You know how to communicate effectively – whether that’s by email, phone or in person.
- You’re organized, have a keen attention to detail, and you’re able to multi-task effectively.
- You have an aptitude for creative problem-solving.
- You are flexible and able to respond to changing priorities.
- You are comfortable with learning and working with new technical equipment.
- You are comfortable working independently, as well as collaboratively.
- You know your way around a Mac computer and Microsoft Office programs (especially Word and Excel).
- You are no stranger to providing excellent customer service to everyone.
- You have cultural humility and an ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in a language other than English; bilingual Spanish language skills are strongly preferred
- Nonprofit experience
The Office Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds with a cart/dolly (for example, boxes of office supplies, packages, file boxes).
To apply, please follow the link below:
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for candidacy.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.