About Chicago Public Media
Chicago Public Media is one of the largest and most respected public media organizations in the country. The organization has a legacy of innovative program development having launched such iconic shows as This American Life, Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me…, Nerdette, Making Oprah and the ground-breaking podcast Serial. Chicago Public Media engages with its listeners and users across multiple platforms, including broadcast radio, digital streaming, and mobile apps. Our flagship station, WBEZ-Chicago (91.5 FM) is Chicagoland’s premier media hub for high-quality, fact-based journalism and engaging, entertaining audio programs and podcasts. WBEZ’s sister service, Vocalo (91.1 FM in Chicago, vocalo.org everywhere), targets a multicultural audience through an urban alternative format.
About the Role
The Donor Engagement and Stewardship Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of the annual plan for major donor engagement, including cultivation and stewardship activity and events. Through these efforts, the Manager will provide critical support to the Development team in our work to effectively identify, engage, solicit, and steward major gift donors and prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Donor Engagement and Stewardship Manager, you will help ensure a proactive and consistent approach to high touch donor engagement and stewardship of CPM major donors and prospects. You will be highly organized, detail-oriented, adept at problem solving, skilled at building relationships both internally and externally, and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. Specifically, you will:
- Manage the planning and execution of all fundraising and donor events, including: WBEZ’s Annual gala, VIP event receptions, donor stewardship and cultivation events, annual donor open houses.
- Coordinate and manage venues and vendors, event staff, timelines, schedules and logistics, event budgets, invitation and RSVP lists.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of promotion strategies, targeted outreach, event production documents and event briefings, and other event reporting.
- Implement a comprehensive stewardship plan that proactively stewards CPM’s growing major donor portfolio; manage WBEZ’s annual giving societies and fulfillment of donor benefits.
- Manage stewardship communication calendar ensuring impactful stewardship reports are sent to donors on a timely basis, and regular communications are happening on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with frontline fundraisers to assist in customized stewardship plans that may include recognition and stewardship activities such as stewardship events, special recognition, and other customized experiences.
- Oversee additional donor engagement related projects as requested. Manage these special projects as they arise, coordinating the work of all involved parties to ensure that projects are completed on time, on budget, and are of highest quality.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of fundraising or related relevant experience
- Experience with donor engagement, event planning and execution
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, manage diverse activities, and remain flexible while meeting deadlines
- Brings creativity, tactical problem-solving and proactivity to the workplace
- Maintains a positive can-do attitude and considers no task too big or too small
Working at Chicago Public Media
Our associates are in service of our mission. Our full-time employee population hovers around 150 people, and approximately half of our team is represented by SAG-AFTRA, at our newly renovated open and collaborative space at Navy Pier in Chicago, IL. We know it is imperative that our workplace reflects our community so we can, in turn, provide content that connects people. We are committed to having a workplace that thrives by creating a place of belonging where everyone can contribute their talents. If you share our passion for public service news and information, join us!