Read the fully policy below to get a better understanding of how we collect information and how it’s disseminated. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via our online form.
Information we gather on our website
American Graduate does not collect personally identifiable information from our visitors other than what is supplied to us on a voluntary basis. Visitors to the American Graduate website may voluntarily supply certain personally identifiable information. That includes:
- Email newsletter: We have a sign-up for our national newsletter available to visitors of the website that will collect your name and email address to be added to our list serve.
- Champion Submission Form: We collect names, email addresses, city/state and telephone numbers during the process of submitting a champion.
American Graduate uses Google Analytics to gather information about the users of our website. Our analytics tools will create log files, which contain some or all of the following information.
- The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the computer accessing our website
- The date, time, location, and length of each visit from each IP Address
- Certain technical information such as browser being used
- The path taken through our website and actions taken throughout a session
- Clicks to links on our site that lead to other sites
- A record of files downloaded and/or the amount of time spent viewing any video or audio files
- Any errors encountered
- Other metrics provided by services such as: Google Analytics and Google Universal Analytics
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from any child under the age of 13.
American Graduate is a national initiative that works with a number of PBS and NPR stations in communities across the country. When a champion or nominator provides a submission, information about the champion is provided to the respective local station so that they might follow up with you for a possible story or recognition.
The American Graduate website may link to other websites. American Graduate is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other websites.
Effective: June 8, 2016