Station Highlights: KERA, NPT, Vegas PBS, WFSU
Although the summer time might be slow in the education sphere, American Graduate stations are finding ways to connect and engage with their communities.
See what stations have done in the past month below.
- America’s Promise Alliance, Pearson, Better Make Room, American Graduate, AT&T Aspire, and Communities in Schools presented #PromiseChat, an interactive Twitter chat on building a GradNation, on June 8th. The chat reached over 930,000 users and #PromiseChat was the #27 USA trend on Twitter.
- Since 2013, KERA has followed a group of North Texas students as they transition from middle school to high school and ultimately go on to graduate. Class of ’17 is a five-year initiative from KERA that highlights these students’ accomplishments and struggles while examining the state’s dropout crisis.
- NPT and Alignment Nashville convened stakeholders from across Nashville to discuss ways to keep students in school and raise graduation rates as part of the 2016 Nashville GradNation Community Summit. The Summit also featured NPT’s Student Voices and American Graduate Champions.
- Vegas PBS produced a segment for Inside Education about the role that Communities in Schools plays in supporting student success.
- Florida State University student Hallie Lavery shares her experience participating in WFSU’s American Graduate iNetworking Lunch and discusses the impact it had on her career path.